Tool Sharpening! Have you taken advantage of our free hands on class?
Starting in 2016 all members will receive one free sharpening class. Every member needs to have a basic understanding of tool sharpening to make woodturning an enjoyable hobby.
If you are registering for this class, please open all seven downloads listed below, print and bring the printouts to class.
Date: Wednesday July 27th, 2016
Time: 6 PM to 9 PM
Where: 9625 Washburn Ave. N. Brooklyn Park, MN
Instructor: Neil Robinette 763-639-1085
Cost: One free sharpening class per member. $ 20.00 for additional classes. Classes are open to MWA members, non members fee is $20.
Required: Face mask and safety glasses are required!
Please register at: email@example.com and include the class name on the subject line.
If you are new to woodturning this is an important first step in that it will greatly enhance your ability to be successful in turning. If you are experienced and have issues with end grain tear out this class is a good idea.
- Minimize or stop chatter marks and tool heel bruising in bowl.
- Significantly reduce your sanding time.
- Discover that a sharp tool makes you a better and safer turner.
- Finally, make that cut that would only be made rougher with sandpaper.
- Learn the available jigs and setups that allow you to sharpen your tools quickly so that you spend more time turning, not sharpening.
And remember: bring your turning tools and the .pdfs
Thank you Woodturner's!