THIS CLASS HAS FILLED
Confirmed class With Dan Larson Class limit 10 students.
Time: 9am until finish
Location 12811 16th Ave N Plymouth Mn 55441
Google map Link: https://goo.gl/maps/9xYh6pkNTbB2
Intermediate class, if you can turn a bowl inside and out without catching yet have problems with tearout this class is for you.
"Turning the "NO SAND" Bowl"
We would explore better tool control for better cuts that would require less or NO sanding.
Topics to be covered would be:
* Working with the 40/40 grind
* Shear scraping for a better shape and finish
* Making and using a Negative Rake Scraper
*Using and cutting with a traditional scraper
*Drying and Finishing
* Face Shield
* Favorite Bowl Gouge and an extra old one should you want to re-shape it into a Bottom Feeder or 40/40 Grind Gauge
* Traditional scraper and an old scraper or skew that we can make into a negative rake scraper
* Parting tool
* Figure 8 thickness gauge if you have one
* Option, bring other HHS tools to reshape into a Pointer tool or a Dovetail tool
* Also bring a bowl blank you have been waiting to turn. If you don't have a fresh bowl blank, e-mail Dan at: firstname.lastname@example.org and he can make up a suitable bowl blank for you.
Registered for this class: M. Allen